Check here for the latest site updates and important annoucements.
- AODA Requirements in effect as of January 1, 2021. Learn more on how this impacts our organization in the Accessibility Overview.
- New page under Accessibility for our Alt text and special characters guide.
- New PDF prep guide, sample PDF document with approved tag structure, and recommended timelines for PDF reviews - all now available under 'Resources' on our Accessibility overview page.
- New Traning guide with resources on the latest industry trends and accessibility best practices.
- References + footnote/endnote examples now available in our Reading order guide.
- Complex table tagging structure examples added to our PDF tables guide.
- If you need any support on accessibility, please reach out to Digital Solutions at email@example.com or Enterprise Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front-End Style Guide
These standards, patterns and principles are results of our constant push within our organization for a better web experience for our clients.
The purpose of this website is to align Front End web development teams. The goal is to create a better web experience for clients with site-wide coherence, branding and accessible content by implementing the standards, patterns and principles found under each section on this site.
Accessibility at The Co-operators.
Includes: Overview of AODA/WCAG requirements and full PDF accessibility guide.
Overview of the web analytics used on Cooperators.ca.
Includes: Code snippets and instructions on how to implement
Breakdown and code snippets for elements found on our websites.
Includes: Color schemes, typography, reusable components (ie. banners, sidebars, navigation, Marketo form etc.), iconography.
Overview of the technologies used in development.
Includes: Versions in use, frameworks, browsers, devices, and screenreaders used for testing accessibility.